Marion

 The person I looked up to the most was on her last few breaths. On the last day before she became unconscious, I came over just in time. I ran to my grandma to give her a hug and just cried my eyes out. Her last words were "Don't cry I'm going to heaven with your grandpa. I know you'll find the guy you always promised me I'd meet. I love you" Then she fell unconscious. It's almost like she held on until I was able to talk to her. I took the pearl heart necklace off that I gave her for Christmas, and put it on. Everyday I look in the mirror at the necklace, & it makes me miss her more. She taught me everything I know. I always promised she'd see me get married, or me getting in the navy. She'll never be able to play with my children, or tell them stories about grand daddy like she used to tell me as I was growing up.  I changed my life around for the better now, for her. I know if she was here she'd be proud of me. She might never be able to see my children, or meet my husband, but I know that's okay now. All she ever talked about was being able to see grand daddy again. Where ever she is, what ever she's doing, she's happy, with him. Life throws you curve balls, just rolling with the punches.

 
Rip Marion Thompson 1-12-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment